Saturday, January 24, 2009

Innauguration Day

Dallin was very excited about the innauguration of Barack Obama. They had talked about the election last November in school and the kids voted in a mock election. Dallin voted for Obama and was very excited that he won. About two weeks ago I was making a shopping list and asked Dallin if he could think of anything that we needed. He told me that we needed to go to Walmart to buy flags. I was stumped. Why did we need flags in January? He told me that we needed them for him to take to school for the innauguration on January 20th. I couldn't believe that he was that politically aware. He's six! I don't remember talking about this kind of stuff in Kindergarten, or even caring about it. We agreed instead to make our own flags, and we did so for family night on the Monday before the Innauguration.

This shows the kids holding up their pictures while we watched President Obama's address on TV. Luckily that was our snow day so we were able to watch it real time.

Dallin drew this portrait of President Obama on the back of his flag picture. He was very proud of it.

This gives you an idea of Dallin's excitement over this historic election. Blaine and I might not have voted for President Obama, but he is our President and our hopes and prayers are that he really can effect some change for the better within our country.

7 comments:

Michelle C said...

Yay. So fun. You have some really cute pics of the kiddos on here. I can't believe you got snow. Crazy. I'll be watching you. :)

Mel said...

What funny things kids get involved in. Good for Dallin! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! It amazes me! My blog is liddiardfamily.blogspot.com
I'll try to invite you, so you can..if you want, read my blog. Thanks for the email too. It's nice to know family you don't see often still cares about you!

Meandering Mel said...

Dallin is so smart, and it's great how his school got the kids excited for the election!

:)

And I'm jealous about your guys' snow. We've been getting rain for the last 3 days...

Laurie said...

Connor had a great time watching the videos! He still thinks of Dallin as his best friend. We miss you guys!

The Sadlers said...

Hey Chris, I am so glad to see that you are blogging. If you go private please add me to your list! Your kids are growing so fast. Now, maybe i can keep up! It was good to catch up a little.

Amy said...

Yeah! I'm always wondering what you are up to and I am excited to read your blog. I was wondering who you guys would be voting for. Samantha and Keagan both had votes in thier classes at school and it was sure win for McCain. They were very sad for the results, but I also told them that we need to pray for our new president and for this great country.

fung family said...

Chris, your blog is so cute! I'm impressed you already figured out how to post a video. Very cute!