Monday, February 23, 2009

Big brothers are so sweet.

Dallin is such a sweet big brother. A couple of weeks ago we discussed the merits of buying vs making a gift for his sister's birthday. We decided that he would make her a bookmark using some art supplies on hand. He put it off and off until the night before her birthday when he panicked at the realization that he hadn't made her gift yet and it was bedtime. He begged for a special dispensation on bedtime, at least long enough to make her gift. Then he argued with me over making a bookmark because she can't yet read and so she doesn't need one. I was very frustrated at this point, when he came up with the idea on his own to make her a book to go with her bookmark and then he would show her how to use the bookmark. At that point I would have said yes to nearly anything, so off he went to get to work. I told him that because of the late nature of the project he could not use glue, only stickers, crayons, and markers. I helped him fold his piece of paper, find the stickers for her initials, and then went off to take care of dishes. He asked me how to spell a few words and I was very curious about what he was writing. This is the final product.

Sissis Book of Birthdays
Front Cover

Page 1

Page 2



The Bookmark

I couldn't decide wheather to laugh or cry when I saw the finished book. I thought it was so sweet of him to "document" her birthdays for her. What a good big brother.

9 comments:

Meandering Mel said...

Awww. That is so cute. :)

I may be partial, but I love Anneliese's curls. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris! I'm glad I found your post log on my fbook - great posts all!! Dallin's book was very sweet, but we have always known him to be that way, even if all boy!

Christina said...

That is really sweet- your blog also looks great! Now if you decide to go private, be sure to invite me:)

Grammy said...

Dallin, I love the book you made for your sister! Hugs and kisses to you both! Grammy

The Sadlers said...

His handwriting is really good. That is so sweet that he was deturmined to make her birthday gift. She is SO cute with all that curly hair. She was so fun to watch on the video's! Hope you are all well!

Becky said...

Dallin has always been so sweet. I can't believe how big your kids are! Happy birthday Lila!!

Laurie said...

Dallin is such a sweet kid! Connor loves keeping up with him on the computer. You can see pics of our little guys on facebook. We miss you!

Kristina said...

Hi Kris! I found your blog link from Mel's. That is such a cute little book. I cannot believe how big Dallin and Annaliese are! Ahh! Crazy!

Mel said...

Big brothers are so sweet! And I just love that book! How are yall doing?